Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wait - what about the WEIGHT?

So I've been feeling a little sluggish lately. Stressed too. Eating too much maybe, and not always the right things. Not listening to my body, which apparently tells me when it's full. I've never heard that, I'm pretty sure. I find myself wondering what it is that has me feeling this way, and I have plenty of answers right at my fingertips. But if I don't pay attention to the REALLY BIG ONE, nothing else will really do much to change things.

I MUST take care of myself. Beginning with my weight. Okay, I've never had a weight problem, if I don't count the times I have lost over ten pounds too, too, fast and without trying. That's not today's issue. I have extra weight (not a lot, but enough) that is leaving me feeling weighed down (pun intended). It's too easy to just grab food instead of getting involved in more positive things. Of course to turn away from food altogether would only leave me with more problems, not less.

Moderation, that's it. As in all things - we are usually okay if we do things in moderation. I plan to set some moderate goals for myself, as the love handles I've developed aren't going to go away overnight, but neither are they going to disappear if I just think about it. So some action. Today is a rare sunny, beautiful day in New England for the end of January. I need to harness the opportunity to take a walk this afternoon, and begin some positive thinking. The walking will help the feeling sluggish, and the stress, and the feelings of depression that can creep in. Probably help take away this headache I have, too.

All these are some steps to take care of myself, something that, as I approach fifty this year, is about time I focus on. Everyone in my life will benefit. Especially me!

No comments: