Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back At It

Whether I am paying attention or not, the time will go by just the same. I began this blog with the greatest of intentions, and added two entries. For the New Year, I made a decision to write for a least twenty minutes a day. Anything, anywhere. Today I am writing here, and hoping to bring this blog back to life. Or really start its life, come to think of it.

My last post was about being hired at the Salter School. I was SO excited about that job, and it was great for the first five months. Past great. I wanted to retire from there. It didn't work out that way. In the summer of '09, I was out due to intense back pain which ultimately was relieved via surgery on my spine on 9/14/09. I was required to return to work by September 30 or lose my job. So I lost the job. MUCH transpired between my hire date the previous September, but that is now a closed chapter in my life. I met some wonderful people and have some treasured friends I will take with me from Salter. There is always some good in each circumstance and a reason we are there, even when we can't seem to find one. At some point that reason turns up.

It is election day in Massachusetts today, to fill a vacant seat in the US Senate since Ted Kennedy passed away last summer. I am going out soon to cast my vote - not certain I am putting the "X" where I really want, but where I do believe it will ultimately do the most good. This has become a very close race, and if the Republican candidate wins, it will be historic, not just for putting a Republican in that seat for the first time in almost sixty years, but because of the domino effect it will have on health care issues for our country.

Not voting is simply not an option, so I will go with what I feel is the best choice in these times.

No comments: